push and shove

If I make this post look like a list, and write it in notepad first; I will feel less shit about writing it, instead of drawing details for louvers.

- Yesterday I finished reading 1984. I hadn’t read it before. It made me sad.

- There is a lot to do at my work. Last night I dreamt of louvers.

- At my work there are very very ugly mugs. I've kept the one I like on my desk all week, everyone else puts theirs in a 'grey tub' (of course it’s grey), and they are clean and in the cupboard by the next morning.

- I bring in my own tea; they don’t have earl grey here. Just the worst of the worst: Lipton.

- I am beginning to feel sad about my job.

- Everyone here is boring.

- Very boring. Nice- now only sometimes. But boring.

- Today I brought in raspberry lollies, I was going to bring my teeth lollies, but it would be wasted on the boring people who work here. Can you imagine everyone with fake teeth sitting at their desk that would be funny.

- There is an awkward moment every time you go to get a cup of tea; there are two self closing doors. And if you have cups you have to nudge them open in a very strategic manner otherwise the door will slam and there will be hot tea, water, and some squashed grapes all over you. Sometimes when people are walking through they hold the door for you. You have to say 'thanks'. I hate holding the door open for people when they aren’t holding anything. I just give it an extra shove so it stays open for a second longer but slams shut with extra force.

- Sometimes my ipod makes me feel better.

- Sometimes it makes me feel worse because everyone knows that I don’t want to listen to them talk about footy tipping.

- Sometimes I think about making tea cups.

- Yesterday morning while I was on the most packed tram there ever was an elderly man that got on the tram at the hospital, then a mid thirties man who was red-faced and angry got on the tram and pushed all of us really really hard to get through. He pushed the elderly man. The man fell like a power pole, slow and straight. Everyone put out their hands to catch him. The elderly man put his hand to the bridge of his nose for the rest of the tram ride, in agony or in sadness/embarrassment.

- This doesn’t really look like a list anymore.

- Today on the tram to St. Kilda Rd, at Flinders St (millions of people get on here) a pretty VCA girl got on the tram and a man in a bone coloured suit got on after her, she had her back up against the drivers cabin at the rear of the tram, he got on the tram, with his back to her. The man stood in front of her and then bent, hinged at the hips, and pushed his buttocks into her stomach/hips. She was small and he was enormous. I don’t even think he noticed her.

0 comments:

top