I can get wireless on Murray's window sill. So here I am, sitting in my gumboots, crumpled up in a way so as to make my whole body fit on the sill, legs up, back arched. Its such a beautiful day. In a rainy summery way. Void of the glare of the last week or so, its raining in a calm way. No wind. Just straight down drizzle. The birds are flying fast, happy to be unencumbered by the breeze.

Last night I made a delicious seafood pie. And then we danced and it became apparent that no one was hungry for the Pavlova. So I had Pavlova for breakfast. It was amazing. Strawberries and passionfruit from our vine downstairs.

This rain is excellent for the last ripening neighbourhood fruit. The peaches will be a delight.

Last night I finally heard the words I had been longing to hear. I am missed. It's nice to know that you are missed sometimes. Especially when you miss them too.

Ah.

Cheers to rainy days, gumboots and puddles and funny ponchos.

The polaroid below is the lovely anna, with a found fish, on Fitzroy Island in Far North QLD. I love her to pieces. Fitzroy Island is one of the most memorable places of that trip, the water ever so blue, the rainforest and huge boulders. The colourful fish and colourful coral.

That's all for today. The house is finally coming together. Designing a house for a friend is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. But I am slowly getting there, and slowly falling in love with it. And Murray is too, which is a good sign.

Whoop!

Still invincible, if not a little full of Pavlova... I'm thinking about getting around in one of these? I might make one. Perhaps its time for another animal party.



untitled by uro via montmartre's sketchbook via soir de fete

1 comments:

dell said...

that was my favourite when i looked at the blog, OH! another animal party! mme too me too!

top